Thursday 1 February 2007

#21 Podcasting

We already have ITunes on our mac, so decided to try podcast.net where I found an interesting podcast from a teen librarian, who has a website teenlibrarian.com - she used this podcast to express her disagreements with an article a woman wrote in a magazine staing that teen 'problem' novels were poorly written and not worth recommending. The only thing I did not like about this podcast was there wa sno duration time so you had no idea how long it was going to be!

I then tried yahoo podcasts and this took me a while to find something related to libraries. There was a link to some library songs podcaster - "The OPAC sucks' and 'The rhythm of reference' which were pretty funny. There was a website for these for the laughing librarian, however I didn't think I should link to that as there was some pretty crud stuff there.

I tried doing a RSS feed of another site that provided 'homework' for their storytimes by podcasting what songs they were doing for the parents to then practice at home (GREAT IDEA!) however even though I have the 'sub with bloglines' on my bookmark, it kept telling me 'no RSS feeds found'. I then tried cutting and pasting to my bloglines, however the same thing happened? The RSS feed is: feed://feeds.feedburner.com/singalong. This was from the Liverpool Public Library - http://www.lpl.org. There was also a link to another site I might use in the future - http://ilovethatteachingidea.com/

No comments: