Tuesday 30 January 2007

#16 Wikis

Fantastic idea!
Had used Wikipedia before but did not realise how we could use it oir staff use before reading that article about creating online communities. I liked the idea of using a wiki when working on a project rather then the masses of individual emils going around as being very part time I get lost with all the changes and trying to keep up. I think the children's team shoudl re-think how we discuss some things inbetween our meetings. The meetings used to be every 2nd month and now they are monthly so maybe it won't be so bad this year?
I also really enjoyed the booklovers wiki. Did not notice many children's book reviewed? I wrote down a few interesting titles to check against our catalogue - esp. 'The dewey decimal system of love' which sounded very chick lit and fun. The one title 'The Girls-a novel' about conjoined twins sounded interesting. I always find it hard to recommend adult authors as I focus so much of my time reading all the kid stuff. Sites such as these might keep me 'refreshed'.
I was impressed to see the Bull Run Library mention us on their Wiki!
LibSuccess also did not have very much information on children's programs. Maybe time to add some of our success stories?

No comments: